Friday, August 21, 2009

Slimming Miss Daisy....


There I was making excuses, blaming my injuries, my lack of time between work, working out and social life...no I haven't gained weight it's worse. Daisy, the most lady like of the Gelsey Goldens is officially morbidly obese.
I am so irresponsible that I let her get so fat on my watch. I blame Bella's old age (she's 14 and doesn't have enough cartilage to handle long walks...so here I sit planning a diet and exercise plan for a eight year old Golden Retriever.
We start this morning, I am using http://www.runningmap.com/ to plot her walks. I am taking a before picture and have promised the Vet and Groomer that next month Daisy will be trimmer. I am a little embarrassed to walk with Miss Fatty...but the troops rally even 14 year old Bella decides that she will walk, Lucky is ready and Daisy has that "Do I have to look?" that she
has always had when it comes to exercise. We did two blocks (I had thought three, but two was all Daisy had in her). Her mileage .58 over a 1/2 mile. She is resting now, dreaming of chicken sausage and treats that aren't going to be happening for awhile. A girl can dream though....
I have my first 5 mile run today. It is the end of my first week of training for the MBHF10K...I slept 10 hours, so obviously the running is making me more tired, soon it will make me stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment