Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Finding my "FIT"

    I set  a goal last November minimum 25 days gym workouts (this includes my 3 Pilates sessions weekly), I have kept to this schedule and have made great strides in my personal and professional life at the same time.
   I selected a time for my workout that would not not be effected by my very busy work schedule.  I did not want to let social commitments go because I  believe time with Family and friends to be the greatest stabilizer in my life.
   I found this very easy to do by using these tools
 1)  UP band by Jawbone.  This bracelet measures your steps, active times and will monitor your sleep patterns.  I found it really helpful...on days I just wanted to sleep in I remembered that I needed those 10,000 + steps!
2) I let my Pilates instructors know about my goal and my instructor Marna took on the same challenge.  It is good to discuss our work outs and this has helps create a "fitness community".
3) I love my gym Equinox.  The term "There is an app for that" could not be truer....Equinox tracks my workouts monthly and annually.  This is a gift for a goal oriented person like myself.
4) My Pilates team at Equinox ALWAYS has a "challenge" going on...I have participated in these and "winning" by achieving and showing up is as motivating in your 40's as it is in your teens.  Thank you to Sarah Luna and her amazing tea. for helping me achieve my goals.
5) I keep to my early morning workouts Monday through Thursday...Fridays and weekend days I mix it up depending on social commitments.
     These are really easy and sensible tools  to get "FIT", no crazy diets, no obsessive workouts, just a commitment to "FIT"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment