Saturday, January 29, 2011

Olympic Lifting

    I am a huge backer of  femininity in a androgynous world.  I care what a wear to the gym, to work, out with friends, etc.  I care about being sexy, vibrant and healthy.
  So my obsession with Olympic lifting is a little odd.  I love to squat and dead lift.  I feel that my body is healthier and stronger when I do these exercises.  You can concentrate on nothing, but your body when you have a 45 lb. bar on your back (squat) or when you are lifting it off the floor(dead lift).  It is a very peaceful place and really helps with stress (and of course tightening your
core, bottom and legs).
  I did a lot of reading (Mark Ripatoe weight lifting books are a good source) and I am lucky to
have very good athletes at my gym to emulate.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment